5 Things to do with the Kids This Half Term
With the half term break approaching, we thought it would be good to highlight some places you can your kids over the holiday.
1. Almond Valley Heritage Centre – A visit to Almond Valley Heritage Centre is a great option for the family at any time over the half term or throughout the year, but Saturday is an especially good time to visit as it’s the 2011 First Tingles of Spring event. Find out more about the event in our events section. We are currently running a facebook give away for 3 free family passes to Almond Valley Heritage Centre find out more here.
2. Go Swimming – A great way to get you kids active over the half term is to take them out swimming to one of the 6 swimming pools around West Lothian. To make it even better value for you and the kids Xcite Leisure offer free swimming to kids with 1 paying adult. They’re also running a fantastic kids programme throughout the break. http://www.westlothianleisure.com/UserFiles/File/February_holiday_programme_2(4).pdf
3. Go Ape – GO Ape in Beecraigs opens for the first time in 2011 this weekend and is a fantastic day out for those families with slightly older kids.
4. The Vue Cinema – Why not treat the family to one of the great kids movies, Disney’s Tangled, Gnomeo & Juliet or Yogi Bear! You can also treat the kids at less expense by going to Kids AM where kids & adults pay £1 a ticket! Available Saturday & Sunday from 10.30am and this weekend’s showing is Animals United!
5. Deer Park Bowling - Why not treat the family to a game of 10 pin bowling. There are great deals on Burger ‘n’ Bowl for under 16′s or the whole family can go for £20 (6 people). For more information on special offers visit www.deerpark.co.uk