ADS iSign: Tips to Using Twitter
Twitter as a micro-blogging platform has its particular features for business promotion. At the present moment the platform has more than 500 million users and the record of number of tweets per second – 456 – was established when Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009.*
Twitter is particularly popular for news updates and as a blogging platform. The fundamentals of Twitter and its features are explained in this video tutorial but in the meantime here are our top tips for Twitter success!
1. Be relevant and engage into conversations. This is the main advice for all social media platforms. On Twitter you need to consider the time issue and frequency of updates. Aim to expand your network, thank your new followers for subscribing to the page and retweet your posts.
2. Before starting your Twitter page get familiar with the glossary: ‘Twitter speak’ contains terms such as Hashtags, DM and Retweets.
3. Always have a strong theme for your company’s tweets. Decide what will be the “red line” for your timeline posts and share your opinions. Also share valuable and interesting content: links to articles, books, share quotes, relevant news, opinions, tips, etc. Make a list of keywords related to your business and use them in your tweets via #hashtags.
4. Twitter has limited signs per post – 140 characters. Use shortened links instead of full blown URLs. For example, with Bit.ly, which helps to save a link to any page, image, song or video.
5. Don’t use Twitter as a platform for sales messages. Promote your service occasionally, but not as a main event. You can use special websites such as Hootsuite to monitor statistics and find out which questions your company can solve.
6. Follow the right people from your industry and local businesses. Follow their pages, tweet with them and engage in discussions to build relationships.
7. Use Twitter to redirect users to your website or blog. Also download apps to connect your Twitter account to Facebook and LinkedIn.