Top 10 things to do on a rainy day in West Lothian!
Scotland is known for having very unpredictable weather, so how are you supposed to plan this summer? Well we've come up with a list of activites in West Lothian that can be enjoyed rain or shine!
1. Why not practice your putting skills at Paradise Island Adventure Golf! Located inside the Livingston Designer Outlet, enjoy golf like you've never before. Full of tiki huts, palm trees and exotic plants, this interactive course is great fun for all the family!
2. Get those creative juices flowing and take a trip to Potter Around. Based in the idyllic village of Kirknewton, Potter Around is a ceramic painting business and craft studio, where you can paint, make jewellery, spin the potter's wheel and much more!
3. Perhaps you're children love playing in ball pools, whizzing down slides and even crawling through tubes - West Lothian has several softplay areas. Take your pick from The Hive which is situated in Bathgate, Overboard located in West Calder or PlayBugs softplay in Linlithgow.
4. Enjoy a show at West Lothian's premier arts venue - Howden Park Centre. With a busy programme of music, dance, theatre, comedy and family events, Livingston's 4 star arts venue is the perfect venue for a day of entertainment. You can also take in a free exhibition and relax with lunch or a coffee from the bistro.
5. Getting Gooey is the perfect place for all you chocolate lovers. Based in Livingston, Getting Gooey is a small chocolate and craft making workshop with a personalised twist. All chocolates and crafts can follow a specific theme, whether it is superheroes, favourite movies or bands, they will be tailored to suit everyones needs.
6. If you enjoy a spot of history, why not visit Hopetoun House and discover a place of beauty, serenity and stunning architecture dating back to the 17th century. Open daily, Hopetoun House is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the history of West Lothian.
7. If you're a lover of shopping, Livingston is the perfect place for you. With the Livingston Designer Outlet and The Centre right across the road from each other, plus a whole range of retailers surrounding them, you can find everything you need within walking distance.
or why not just embrace the ever-changing weather, grab your wellies and a jacket and enjoy nature
8. Love animals? Five Sisters Zoo is the place for you! Come and meet a wonderful variety of animals from lions to lynx, bats to bears and cockatoos to crocodiles! With daily keeper talks, feeding and handling sessions you're guaranteed a fun and educational day for all the family!
9. If you've already made the visit around the historic Hopetoun House, then why not take the short 10 minute drive and visit the New Hopetoun Gardens. 20 small themed gardens to entertain and inspire you, Orangery Tearoom and Gift Shop to tempt you and the biggest range of plants for sale in Scotland to delight you, all in a lovely woodland setting.
10. It is Scotland after all.. get your waterproofs on and visit one of our three superb country parks! You can visit either Beecraigs near Linlithgow, Almondell and Calderwood situated between Broxburn and East Calder or Polkemmet near Whitburn. Ranger Service Events run throughout the year in each park, check our What's On page for more information.